http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Bimbotic Bird Hater!

Ramblings of a randomness junkie

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Incident at Coventry


Yesterday...me and Krys went to Coventry to shop for some things...and we thought we'd save some money and time...since we were meeting ferhat and hiza for dinner...we decided to wait...my goodness...u know how shops here in UK are...they all close at 5:30 pm...LATEST...6pm! By quarter past 6, Coventry has become a ghost town!!! And so at 6...we were kicked out of HMV...then we decided to sit outside... and this drunk bastard comes up to us and says in a brusque and crude manner...'I wanna have sex on the beach with you'...and he was singing...and I wanted to run off..but Krys was still sitting down...and then I still sat...then he started coming near us...and I was sooooo terrified. I was quite appalled at the same time because NO ONE offered to help us...we thought he was going to go away...and I decided to ignore him...but tht was a futile attempt...as he came nearer to us! Goodness gracious me...I am quite traumatised...and after tht...Krys had to buy me a drink to calm me down. Haha...and after tht...I felt as if every man who was walking down the street was going to pounce on me... I know this whole incident sounds so trivial...but I'm shocked...no one helped! Apparently...there was this other man who was watching by the side...smirking away...asshole! Man...I feel hopeless in such situations...

A few months ago...my friend had such an encounter...but instead she was being insulted because she was CHinese...I was there...with a MUCH larger group of friends...we were waiting by Lady Godiva for a friend...then this guy comes up to us and asks us for the time...and of course when you look at your watch you have to bend your head down right??? And when we told him the time...he was looking only at her and he asked...Why did you look down when I asked you the time? And we were kinda appalled...like DUH! But we just kept silent...And then one of my other friends tried defending her by saying she wouldnt do such a thing. We were more speechless when he started shouting, 'WTF is wrong with you?' and luckily at tht moment...our friends came and we quickly left...leaving him standing there shouting,'I'll tell you wht's wrong...you're fucking CHINESE!' I was consumed by shock...but now tht I look back...since I was with such a huge group of friends...I would have kicked his ass...

A friend was saying tht in such situations, you should NEVER initiate the fight...unless...the other party initiates it...then it's acceptable...because you're defending yourself. Oh well...I think tht I've been too protected at home. My parents would always never let me get out of the house..so I spose coming to UK is a good experience...Ok Ok...I am enjoying myself over here...got great friends...Oh well...I'll just leave it at tht...it's over!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home