http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Bimbotic Bird Hater!

Ramblings of a randomness junkie

Monday, July 18, 2005

First Day of Work

Hmm…woke up at half 2 in the morning…couldn’t sleep (well…maybe cause I slept from 4-8 in the afternoon before, and then form 10-2). I know…I’m so smart at times. Followed dad into PJ…and my oh my…I’ve forgotten how severe KL’s traffic can be. I asked my dad whether it was always this bad and he replied nonchalantly that this was good. Gulp…

Then…got dropped off at the Putra LRT Station and took the train down to Jamek. Haha…I know…but there’s NO way I’m going to show up at the office early…I’ll look like some over-eager intern who’s easily manipulated & that’s NOT the impression I want to give them.

Reached the HR dept at 8 something…but waited till 9-ish to be ‘shown around’. Fortunately…there was this corporate lawyer who was also new and we were chatting while waiting. She’s been to Warwick University as well and she was asking me about Msia Nite and Top Banana. Sadly, I conclude…Top B is synonymous with the Uni’s entertainment culture…*puke*

The attachment student who was supposed to ‘show me around’ only showed me to the ‘Chambering Pen’ (don’t ask) and she introduced me to people and then she went back to her work. Of course I was left there looking like an idiot…having NO inkling as to what I had to do... So I immediately offered help and this other attachment student said I could help. But when I started…this other legal associate (who really shouldn’t have used me) brought stacks of work! And she told me to keep myself free for her the whole day. The work that she unloaded on me was terribly banal and tedious. Though it made more sense when she explained what it was for (pertaining to Civil Procedure Rules). I noticed the other attachment students had translation work to do…TRANSLATION! How am I going to do any TRANSLATION WORK WHEN I’M THE ONE WHO NEEDS A BLOODY TRANSLATOR? Fortunately…I was only given admin tasks which I obediently did.

Then came 1…lunch time…and I went…since the senior staff did not keep any tabs on me. After lunch…I finished the work at 2:45pm and she said she would come talk to me in a bit. This meant I had nothing to read but Order 20 of the “High Court Practice” ‘till she came to see me’. The ‘come see me’ never happened. I kept looking up to see when she was coming…but instead…I saw her shouting at her secretary…and then she had a breakdown. And then I was like crap…Am I supposed to stay till she comes to see me? What if it’s after 5:15pm??!! She was in her own little world…and at 4:15pm…I try to talk to her…however she shoos me away. Then I worry till 4:30pm by incessantly texting different people. Then decide to see the HR Sec to clarify WHO is my supervisor. And it’s not her…it’s this other person who I’m supposed to see tomorrow morning. Around 5-ish…I return the book to her room. And after listening to the 5:15 bell…I am still apprehensive as to whether I should leave…and this chambering student told me to GO before they unload more work on me. So I take her advice seeing as to how nice she is…and leave with this other attachment student who also seems to be very free.

Gawd...I have to keep reminding myself...14 days left...JUST 14 days left

1 Comments:

At 4:03 am, Anonymous sarah said...

your internship is only for 2 weeks???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home